Monday, September 10, 2007

My First Vlog Visits

I very much enjoy the vlog, Minnesota Stories. This vlog is clearly intended for the Minnesota audience. The vlog posts speak to specific aspects of life in Minnesota. The vlog appeals to Minnesotans because it includes videos of places that many of us have been, and places/situations that we have some experience with. My best friend and I have a blog about our childhood neighborhood. I think video posts would be an interesting addition to our blog. As far as a more professional use, I think Dr. Beach's tutorials are a good example of possible vlog uses in the classroom. I could create a vlog to walk my students through online evaluation of a peer's writing. There is something about watching a video that is appealing. With a vlog, students can stop and start the video as they wish. Currently, in my classroom I am working with my juniors to help them see the value of writing in their texts--annotating and marking up their books. I could create a vlog that walks them through some helpful ways to annotate as they read. This vlog could be available on the sidebar of my class blog so they could refer to it whenever they want. There are many procedural vlogs that I could create as references for my students. Of course, these are just my initial thoughts on possible vlog use in my classroom.

No comments: